Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Beach Themed Treasure Hunt

Keeping up with our ocean theme of the day, we also explored the beach! Not the real beach, but a beach in a bin. Then we added golden treasure and jewelry and pretended to be pirates! Bean took a nap before I brought the bin out, so Munchkin and I had some one-on-one time, which is rare. He really enjoyed digging in the bin and finding all the golden treasures. He discovered that the rake was perfect for finding the necklaces and bracelets.


Most of the jewelry he piled on one side of the bin. 


The rest he put in the little bucket. And then poured sand over them to hide them again. :)


I found that the little crab managed to find its way into the bin. Munchkin recently discovered what pockets were for and has enjoyed stuffing his pockets with all his little toys. He especially liked the crab from the Ocean Small World so he must have pocketed it when I put the bin away. :)


Today has been really busy, full of fun activities and I completely forgot to put a blanket down before letting Munchkin play in the bin (although he did great and kept all the sand in the bin). But I had to start dinner and was in the kitchen for only a few minutes when I came back and found that Bean had woken up and was playing in the bin and poured sand all over the rug.. Luckily, sand is incredibly easy to clean up!


{If you enjoyed this post, please consider following me on Facebook and Pinterest. Thank you!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...