Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Sunshine Award #2

Welcome to my little blog about my two kids, Munchkin (my two year old son) and Bean (my 3 year old daughter). My blog is all about the activities and crafts and recipes that I create with and for them! I love sharing my ideas and the ideas that have been inspired by other bloggers. I also really enjoy writing, so this is a great outlet for me.

I feel completely honored and flattered that I was nominated a second time for The Sunshine Award! This time I was nominated by Suzy from Suzy Homeschooler. She is a wonderful homeschooling mum and has so many fantastic ideas (seriously, check out her enormous list of sensory bins!). I have been inspired by her so many times!


sunshine

When participating in The Sunshine Awards, you need to do the following things:
1 - Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you, which is Suzy from Suzy Homeschooler.
2 - Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3 - Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4 - List 11 bloggers who you believe deserve to be nominated and recognized (my list is near the end of this post).
5 - Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all those bloggers know that you nominated them for The Sunshine Award. (You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.)

So once again, let me share 11 more random facts about myself..
1 - I love bagels. Ok, bagels only when they are smothered in cream cheese. And only cream cheese when it's on a bagel.
2 - My favourite cathedral is Canterbury Cathedral in England and I would love to revisit it some day with my kids!
3 - I believe that my obsession with potatoes is caused by my Irish heritage. And although I LOVE potatoes, I cannot eat them when they are scalloped or hash browns. I have no clue why. I know I could survive quite a while on just french fries.
4 - I love Japanese anime and manga and can't wait to introduce them to my kids.
5 - I love to play board games and my boyfriend and I have a pretty awesome collection.
6 - I love Manchester United (specifically Ryan Giggs, the Welsh Wizard), the football team from Manchester, England.
7 - I attended 2 elementary schools, 2 middle schools and 3 high schools, because I moved a lot. And I'm glad I'm still in contact with my best friend from one of those schools!
8 - My kids and I listen to Pandora radio every day and usually dance ridiculously to whatever music is playing. Who doesn't love spontaneous dancing?
9 - My favourite animals are wolves and I believe they need to remain on the endangered list to better protect them because they are absolutely vital to their natural habitats.
10 - My dream house would be a wooden house on a couple acres of nice, fertile land so I could grow and raise our own food. (I can't stand living in a city anymore!)
11 - I would love to trace my ancestry and find out all the places I come from.

Here are the Questions that Suzy asked me..

How much time was there between your first thoughts about starting a blog and when you actually created your blog?

A couple months actually. I set up the blog, wrote a little bit here and there, and then life got a bit crazy and I put a hold on it until I had a clearer idea of what I wanted to do with the blog. It took a few months for me to start using other forms of social media, and that's when my blog really took off.

Dogs, cats, both, or neither?

I love dogs, but cats are also cuddly and adorable. We have one of each currently. A shiba inu named Kaede (kai-day) and a Maine coon mix named Lincoln (my boyfriend's brothers cat). Both females and you can tell because they are very territorial and give each other dirty looks and harass the other to get them in trouble.

Favorite color?

Definitely green! Specifically forest and sage green. Though I love lilac purple as well.

Children’s book that you enjoy reading?

Currently we are reading Greek Gods and Goddesses and it's really fascinating! I'm so glad my kids share my love for mythology.

Last time you did something for yourself, without your children in tow?

They went to a birthday party the other day, so after I finished doing dishes I worked on crocheting a scarf. I love to crochet, though I am still only a beginner, and hopefully will learn more stitching patterns in the future!

Do you floss regularly? (Your dentist can thank me for reminding you, lol.)

Sometimes. When I remember.

Sleep deprived baby falls asleep on you and THEN  you realize they have a dirty diaper. What do you do?

Change it. I'm a master of skillfully changing a diaper without them noticing.

Do you enjoy board games, card games, and/or video games?

Yes, absolutely! We have board game/card game nights pretty often. Sometimes even a couple nights a week! However, my video gaming days ended when my daughter was born.

Do you have a favorite tv show?

I don't have a favourite. Currently, I am watching Boardwalk Empire and I love it! Supernatural is also great and Bones as well, though I haven't seen the newest season of either.

If your child asked for an unusual pet (think stick bug, madagascar hissing cockroach, giant millipede) would you consider it or say heck no?

Oh absolutely yes. Unless it was something that would break the bank. But otherwise I would definitely get it for them, provided they were completely comfortable handling and taking care of it. Which means I would find someone or somewhere where they could see if up close and possibly handle it to make sure they were fine. I wouldn't want them to fall in love with pictures of a millipede and then be completely uncomfortable with it up close. So before investing, we would check it out.

Favorite childhood memory?

Spending summers with my grandparents at their cottage on an island with no electricity. Best place on earth.

The 11 Bloggers I Nominate are..

Kylie from Octavia and Vicky
Erin from Water On The Floor
Rachael from Nothing If Not Intentional
Tina from Simple Fun For Kids
Meg from Just A Little Nutty
Sarah from Little Bins For Little Hands
Samantha from Stir The Wonder
Jessica from Play Trains
Anna from Kids' Play Space - a mother's journey
Tanya from Finding The Teachable Moments
Kristina from School Time Snippets

These are all wonderful ladies and I read their blogs quite often (most times to my kids, because they have the final say on trying new projects). Definitely check them out!

Now for my own Questions..


1 - What is your favourite shape and why?
2 - Why do you blog?
3 - If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
4 - You have been randomly selected to travel to another planet similar to Earth, would you accept the invitation?
5 - Which Disney character is your favourite?
6 - Are you bilingual or what language would you like to learn?
7 - What meal do you love cooking?
8 - If you could be famous for one thing, what would it be?
9 - Do you have pets? What kind and how many?
10 - Can you play an instrument?
11 - What is your favourite family activity? 
 
Thank you Suzy for nominating me and I look forward to seeing the award posts from the bloggers I nominated!

If you enjoyed this post, follow along with us on Facebook and Pinterest or subscribe by email or Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...