Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top 10 Posts from 2013


2013 is nearly over and I have to look back and marvel at everything that has happened. I started this blog, my sister had her baby and life has never been better. I have a lot to be grateful for and love how much our family has grown. I look forward to the new year and all the crafts, learning activities and recipes that we will try! I recently joined the Schoolhouse Review Crew, so look forward to some great product reviews. I definitely plan to make more felt boards and felt foods, because those are both our favourites and our readers favourites!

My big goal for this year will be to start a possibly weekly, but aiming for bi-weekly Family Game Night where we will talk about our favourite games and share tips and tricks to playing board games with young children.

So here are our Top 10 Posts from 2013 (in no particular order)!
We thank you all for sticking around and supporting our blog and look forward to sharing new activities and crafts in the coming year!

Our felt foods were so much more popular than I expected, but that is simply awesome and I can't wait to make more! If you haven't already checked them out, you should! They are easy to make and so much fun to play with! My kids still play with them and keep asking me to make more. Desserts are in the making already, just had to wait until after Christmas to buy more felt (4 yards in 8 colours and spent about $9 - so fantastic!) and to recuperate after so many crochet projects. I will be making some for the felt boards and some that are 3D! They are perfect for pretend play and make a great fine motor activity!

DIY Pretend Play Food: Tacos


DIY Pretend Play Food: Pizza and Salad


We love hands-on crafts around here, especially ones that work on fine motor skills! My kids love sewing and had so much fun making this Spider's Web. We actually still have it and the kids continue to play with their little spiders who diligently "sew their webs".

Spider's Web Craft


Sensory bins are always popular and are perfect for toddlers and preschoolers. You can use them to create fine motor activities and as a learning tool. We will continue to make themed holiday sensory bins and more for pretend play!

Pumpkin Rice Sensory Bin




Our DIY Felt Boards were especially popular and I am so happy that they helped others make their own. I plan on making travel-sized felt boards in the spring so that we will have them available in the summer to use when we are on vacation or on long car rides. I will continue to make felt board pieces and will hopefully be able to share templates as well!

DIY Felt Board


Autumn Tree and Leaves Felt Board


Play dough is a staple around here and we can't wait to try out new scents and colours! We look forward to Spring and Summer scented play doughs!

Autumn Scented Play Dough


We made our sensory bottles as a gift, but we look forward to making more this year! We intend to make one for each holiday with an "I Spy" theme.

Sensory Bottles


Dice are a fantastic learning tool and we still continue to use them in our activities! We will be sharing other ways to play and learn with dice in the next few months!

Learning with Dice


Thank you again for following the blog and using and sharing our ideas! We appreciate all of our readers and hope you will stick around in the next year!

If you enjoyed this post, follow along with us on Facebook and Pinterest or subscribe by email or Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...